Frequently Asked Questions
- Tel: 65442263
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact Us through the website
Our social workers/counsellors will contact you within 3 working days to schedule an appointment. However, if you require urgent assistance from our Family Service Centre (FSC), you may walk in to the centre during office hours.
Income Session Fee:
- $3000 or below $10.00
Above $3000 $20.00
Waiver of Fees is subjected to social worker’s/counsellor’s assessment. Please inform your social worker/counsellor if you require fee waiver.
- SOS hotline: 1800-221 4444, which is a 24-hour hotline manned by trained volunteers
- ComCare Hotline at: 1800-222 0000, which is a 24-hours service, manned by trained personnel, who will be able to provide information on supportive services.
- The staff in the FSC work as a team. The social worker/counsellor may consult other professionals to provide the best possible care. These consultations are for the professional and training purposes.
- If there is evidence of clear and imminent danger to yourself and/or others, the social worker/counsellor is legally required to report this information to the authorities responsible for ensuring your safety and the safety of others.
- Singapore’s law requires the staff of a FSC who learn of, or strongly suspect, physical or sexual abuse or neglect of a child or elder to report the information to the appropriate authority.
- When there is a court order issued by a judge which requires disclosure of information contained in a record and/or requires the social worker/counsellor to testify in a court hearing.
- Our FSC works closely with the other government agencies and/or community partners. We might disclose some information pertaining to the session(s) with our partners so as to provide the best possible services to our clients.
Please be informed that one’s information will be stored in the database of the Social Service Network (SSNet) and/or any other government-related databases. The data management system complies with confidentiality policy as issued by the National Council of Social Service and the Government. This system aims to foster inter-agency service delivery and coordination, to serve you better. Please contact our staff should you have any concern on this arrangement.